Our Goal Is To Have Fans Who Rave About Our Integrity! Service! & Results!
Jon & Carolyn Ulrich
10 Ways to Prepare for Homeownership
Welcome to Minnesota - Ulrich Real Estate Group - Your Source for Real Estate throughout the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul and surrounding suburbs of the seven county metropolitan area.
Here are 10 Ways to Prepare for Home Ownership...
1. Decide how much home you can afford. Generally, you can afford a home equal in value to between 2 and 3 times your gross income.
2. Develop a wish list of what you'd like your home to have. Then prioritize the features on your list.
3. Select three or four neighborhoods you'd like to live in. Consider items such as schools, recreational facilities, area expansion plans, and safety.
4. Determine if you have enough saved to cover your downpayment and closing costs. Closing costs, including taxes, attorney's fee, and transfer fees average between 2 and 7 percent of the home price.
5. Get your credit in order. Obtain a copy of your credit report.
6. Determine how large a mortgage you can qualify for. Also explore different loans options and decide what's best for you.
7. Organize all the documentation a lender will need to preapprove you for a loan.
8. Do research to determine if you qualify for any special mortgage or downpayment assistance programs.
9. Calculate the costs of homeownership, including property taxes, insurance, maintenance, and association fees, if applicable.
10. Find an experienced REALTOR® who can help you through the process.
If you are needing affordable red carpet service with your Real Estate needs you have come to the right place.We go the extra mile to serve you. Our goal is to have fans that rave about our integrity, service and results.
|Featured Homes | Open Houses | Property Search | Minnesota Office Condos | Rental Properties | Commercial Properties | Vacation Properties | Lake Properties | Rental Places | Properties By Email | Home Criteria | Buyers Tips | Mortgage Calcs | Sold Homes | Market Analysis | Sellers Tips | Newsletter | Investment Property | Wilds of Prior Lake | Twin Cities Safari | About Us | Client Appreciation | Testimonials | Preferred Lenders | Realtor Network | Preferred Partners | Email Form | Site Map | Home Page | Blog|